Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Review

Quote Originally Posted by AZCrazy View Post
    Keim typically finds good "value" in the later rounds in terms of players he likes, but badly overdrafts them out of fear someone else is gonna snatch them. None of the Day 3 guys we picked would have been taken before the 6th round, and probably not at all, and our UDFA list reads like a "Who?" rather than a "Who's Who".
    You will hear gm's say they must trust their board and not all teams and scouts agree on rankings of the players. That board is put together by coaches and their scouts and SK himself. Some may not like or understand picks by a team but that doesn't mean these players were not solid in their eyes. We as fans don't make a life of studying players like these people and we just have to trust the process and their choices.

Default I think that 4th rounder would have been Ballage

If Miami didn't take him i seriously think Kalen Ballage would have been the pick. Build is similar to DJ and nothing changes on the offense running or receiving. Not sure why SK always goes for the smaller undersized players over prototypical size.

I like the draft overall... A lot. I think the first 2 rounds were such home runs that it brought the whole draft to a B + minimum.

I think Cole could be a good center. I think had he played there again this past season he would have been a late 2nd early 3rd guy... So we didn't reach as much as some might think.

I'm fine with our later round picks, with one exception. I was really surprised that some of WR who were being talked about as day 2 picks fell as far as they did. I would have really liked us to pick up St. Brown, Wilson, Ateman.. Etc. I think our WR room is so thin that those guys, even as 6th round picks would have had a good shot to contribute. Unless Chad Williams becomes something worth while, we still need a bigger outside WR.

Let's go make a 2 year offer to Dez.

Itís possible Chad Williams could turn into something but highly unlikely. The silver lining of Chad not working out is that Keim refrains from making these poor choices in the future.
    Or just let the fans pick as we can only go up compared to that pick for example.
    Last edited by vwvectors; 04-29-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

Quote Originally Posted by vwvectors View Post
    Itís possible Chad Williams could turn into something but highly unlikely. The silver lining of Chad not working out is that Keim refrains from making these poor choices in the future.
    Or just let the fans pick as we can only go up compared to that pick for example.
    'Highly unlikely ' - why?

A small school kid needing time to adjust at the highest level is hardly novel.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

I`m still pulling for Chad,it will be interesting to see all these guys Under Wilks....It`s gonna be an awesome season just watching all this come together...may or may not be many wins ..but it will be entertaining
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    I`m still pulling for Chad,it will be interesting to see all these guys Under Wilks....It`s gonna be an awesome season just watching all this come together...may or may not be many wins ..but it will be entertaining
    I agree, it was time for a coach like Wilks to come in. When watching all or nothing, I starting noticing Arians was losing respect with his wannabe cuss laden rants. After he lost in Carolina, he lost the team.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

First of all, I have to exclude Mo Hurst otherwise every pick from round 3+ is going to be an F because we shouldve taken Mo Hurst. Im absolutely beside myself. The dude was the best DT in the entire draft and we passed on him over and over like Tom Brady.

So, ignoring that.

Rosen - A+. Because it wasnt Josh Allen.

Kirk - B+. I like Kirk, dont love him. Budda was special. I was over the moon for Budda. Kirk is just solid. And Im not sure if solid is good enough to be a #1 WR in the NFL.

Cole - B. Slight upgrade on Boehm. Better players were available so I wasnt thrilled. Hes very durable so thats big plus.

Edmonds - B. Hes very accomplished, so that makes me happy. Even though I feel like RB was not a need, a least the one we took looks interesting.

CC - B+. If Chris Campbell pans out, hes the new CC. Hes CB so...........I almost want to give this an A++ because we took a **** CB. Any CB.

Cunningham - D. Probably another wasted late round OL pick. These guys always bust. Opportunity to snag the best potential UDFA with the last pick.

Overall solid draft. Everything depends on Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    BA was loyal to a fault and many of his position coaches needed to be replaced but he wasn't going to do it. We need a younger coach who understands how to motivate younger people explaining the "why" and then holding them accountable -- just do your job doesn't necessarily work with the under 35 yr olds.

If this coaching staff can motivate and turn even two of these underachievers into productive NFL players, I will give kudos to this new staff: Nkemdiche - Brandon and Chad Williams - Boehm - Gunter. I can also have hope that this staff might actually get at least one of our last 2 draft picks to make the 53 man roster (maybe Campbell) and the 7th rounder to make the practice squad. I believe without too much doubt all of the first four draft picks will be on 53 man roster.

Of course we all will be watching the development of Rosen and to see if Ricky Seals - Jones is a star in the making or a guy who just flashed in a limited sample size.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 04-29-2018 at 01:14 PM.

You have nothing to back up saying itís unlikely he turns into something.