Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It's May. When did we Tramon last season again?

I dont respect Keim for fixing a screw up only to then screw it up again then have to scramble to try and fix it again.

With Tramon, he fixed the problem he created...and then created the problem again by letting Tramon walk and not signing any good CB FA's early or drafting a CB high.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I dont respect Keim for fixing a screw up only to then screw it up again then have to scramble to try and fix it again.

With Tramon, he fixed the problem he created...and then created the problem again by letting Tramon walk and not signing any good CB FA's early or drafting a CB high.
    Would you have signed the following deal with a 35-year old?

P.S. He stated that he wanted to return to GB, so we probably would have had to offer a touch more to keep him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...williams-3761/
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

So Tramon had no say in this whatsoever? You know, going to the team where he has played the bulk of his career and to a place where he brought up his family.

On drafting a rookie CB, it would have meant we passed on Kirk, so those who are never pleased would have slated him for that too but looking at it:

Josh Jackson (45)
    Christian Kirk (47)
    MJ Stewart (53)
    Donte Jackson (55)
    Duke Dawson (56)
    Isaiah Oliver (58)
    Carlton Davis (63)
    Rashaan Gaulden (85)

In this bracket the only option was maybe using our 5th or 6th round pick to move up for Josh Jackson or plumping for Donte Jackson, Isaiah Oliver or Carlton Davis. All have their warts, all are projects and I don't particularly think any can start day 1 opposite Pat P. Kirk on the other hand can start day 1 and help us turn one of the worst receiving groups in football around straight away.

Mason Cole (97)
    Isaac Yiadom (99)
    Anthony Averett (118)
    Taron Johnson (121)
    Avonte Maddox (125)
    D. J. Reed (142)
    Davontae Harris (151)
    Dane Cruikshank (152)
    Siran Neal (154)
    Darius Phillips (170)
    Parry Nickerson (179)
    Chris Campbell (182)

In this bracket you have plenty of 'inbetweeners' like Neal and Cruikshank and projects based on athletic traits. Is the upside that much greater than what we have in Campbell that we pass up on Cole?

Final point is we have hired a head coach who's bread and butter in the league has been DB's and bringing the potential out of lesser guys. Not all have them have been stars but he has made solid NFL players out of alot of guys chosen at the back end of the draft, shown abit of trust in the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Would you have signed the following deal with a 35-year old?
    Along with arm strength, height and 40 times....age is another one of my favorite idiot tests.

Yes, I would have paid for that lights out CB who locked down our #2 CB spot. Ill take a 35 year old who helps us win over a 25 year old who stinks.

Along with arm strength, height and 40 times....age is another one of my favorite idiot tests.

Yes, I would have paid for that lights out CB who locked down our #2 CB spot. Ill take a 35 year old who helps us win over a 25 year old who stinks.
    Ok, and I like Tramon - but after you account for his deal you're effectively passing on bringing back our best safety from last season, Branch, and veteran stability at D-line, O-line and ILB.

Tough choice for me but evidently an easy one for you.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 05-01-2018 at 12:18 PM.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So Tramon had no say in this whatsoever? You know, going to the team where he has played the bulk of his career and to a place where he brought up his family.

On drafting a rookie CB, it would have meant we passed on Kirk, so those who are never pleased would have slated him for that too but looking at it:

Josh Jackson (45)
    Christian Kirk (47)
    MJ Stewart (53)
    Donte Jackson (55)
    Duke Dawson (56)
    Isaiah Oliver (58)
    Carlton Davis (63)
    Rashaan Gaulden (85)

In this bracket the only option was maybe using our 5th or 6th round pick to move up for Josh Jackson or plumping for Donte Jackson, Isaiah Oliver or Carlton Davis. All have their warts, all are projects and I don't particularly think any can start day 1 opposite Pat P. Kirk on the other hand can start day 1 and help us turn one of the worst receiving groups in football around straight away.

Mason Cole (97)
    Isaac Yiadom (99)
    Anthony Averett (118)
    Taron Johnson (121)
    Avonte Maddox (125)
    D. J. Reed (142)
    Davontae Harris (151)
    Dane Cruikshank (152)
    Siran Neal (154)
    Darius Phillips (170)
    Parry Nickerson (179)
    Chris Campbell (182)

In this bracket you have plenty of 'inbetweeners' like Neal and Cruikshank and projects based on athletic traits. Is the upside that much greater than what we have in Campbell that we pass up on Cole?

Final point is we have hired a head coach who's bread and butter in the league has been DB's and bringing the potential out of lesser guys. Not all have them have been stars but he has made solid NFL players out of alot of guys chosen at the back end of the draft, shown abit of trust in the guy.
    I ike the draft but could have gone:
    2nd round = Oliver CB
    3rd round = Cole
    4th round = Dalton Schultz TE Or McIntosh DL
    6th round = St. Brown (though I would have never thought he would still be available)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Ok, and I like Tramon - but after you account for his deal you're effectively passing on bringing back our best safety from last season, Branch, and veteran stability at D-line, O-line and ILB.

Tough choice for me but evidently an easy one for you.
    We have almost $19M in cap space right now. This woe-is-us coupon clipping excuse could not be more wrong. We couldve overmatched GB's offer easily. We didnt because, as you said, hes 35. My (least) favorite idiot test.

And FYI, #2CB is more important than S, ILB or DL. An extremely easy decision.

If youll notice, theres only 1 #2CB. Theres 4 DLs and 3 LBs. Thats why they call CB an island. Youre alone, and thus this guy needs to be the best. A safety is a SAFETY. Hes only needed if all others screw up. A good #2 CB (like Tramon) who never screws up makes the S less valuable.

That was easy.
    Last edited by Zaz; 05-01-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Exclamation ***??

Why would you want some old ashhh players?
    Add his age with Dansby and you got like 100 years old.
    Football is a young mans game...
    I bet Cromartie couldn’t cover me, lol
    Honestly

PS: The kid we drafted could be a starter, I’ve seen him play, he’s good.
    Last edited by Skipper1111; 05-01-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added some words

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    I ike the draft but could have gone:
    2nd round = Oliver CB
    3rd round = Cole
    4th round = Dalton Schultz TE Or McIntosh DL
    6th round = St. Brown (though I would have never thought he would still be available)
    You have the gift of being able to look back, which of course our staff didn't.

I'd still rather have the combination of Christian Kirk, A&M WR and Chris Campbell, PSU CB over your suggested 2nd and 6th round picks.

We have almost $19M in cap space right now. This woe-is-us coupon clipping excuse could not be more wrong. We couldve overmatched GB's offer easily. We didnt because, as you said, hes 35. My (least) favorite idiot test.

And FYI, #2CB is more important than S, ILB or DL. An extremely easy decision.

If youll notice, theres only 1 #2CB. Theres 4 DLs and 3 LBs. Thats why they call CB an island. Youre alone, and thus this guy needs to be the best. A safety is a SAFETY. Hes only needed if all others screw up. A good #2 CB (like Tramon) who never screws up makes the S less valuable.

That was easy.
    While it has yet to be seen what shells Holcomb will predominantly use, under Horton/Bowles/Bettcher, the Cardinals played mostly zone (a quarters hybrid) everywhere other than Peterson. The #2CB in Arizona has pretty much never been "on an island."