Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Browns exec on Josh Rosen: “Something about him . . . bothered me”

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He has a 3.77 GPA, has never been arrested, doesn't grab his crotch or slit his throat or otherwise show terrible sportsmanship. The guy is simply the best pure passer in this draft and it's not close.

Most of the chatter around Josh Rosen is because he is very liberal and has been an outspoken critic of the NCAA exploitation of the amateur status of College players who make them 100's of millions of dollars. The NFL is an establishment league that's all about controlling the talent. Josh is likely to say what's on his mind and that makes some NFL executives and fans uncomfortable. Particularly after the knelling fiasco.

We even saw a little of that on this board. "Self entitled, arrogant rich kid". A football fan would say rocket armed franchise QB with great foot work and anticipation.

He's actions put him in position to be a top 10 NFL draft pick with a future as an elite NFL QB. What exactly doesn't he get?

Matt Leinart didn't. Isn't that the point? As of last Friday his college career ceased to exist or matter.

BTW, I agree with you. I think he's going to be VERY good.
    If I didn't say it, it didn't need to be said.

Complete non-story from an executive of a team that couldn't choose a decent quarterback if it smacked them in the face. Hope it pans out for them with Baker but maybe he should stick to concentrating on his own roster rather than worrying about a player on ours.

As a passer, you've been compared to Aaron Rodgers. You were once pegged as the first or second pick. For those off-field knocks, some now see you as a mid-first-rounder and the next Jay Cutler. You hear that one?
    Yeah, it's as frustrating as Baker Mayfield hearing the Johnny Manziel comparisons. I just don't think it's true. But it's up to me to prove them wrong. If it persists, it's my fault for not silencing it.

If he lives this out, we're going to be very pleased.

I think he will.
    If I didn't say it, it didn't need to be said.

This from a team that reportedly took advice from a random homeless guy in picking Johnny Football.

Browns exec

That's all I needed to read

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Complete non-story from an executive of a team that couldn't choose a decent quarterback if it smacked them in the face. Hope it pans out for them with Baker but maybe he should stick to concentrating on his own roster rather than worrying about a player on ours.
    This is a non-story ... but shows the duplicity of the Browns front office. I had only previously listened to the BM arrest but Sunday (ironically this was shown immediately after ESPN's E:60 on Ryan Leaf) I saw the police car video cam of his arrest which bothered me more about him. He suddenly tried to run away while his GF is just standing there and the police hadn't done anything threatening before he tried to bolt and then acted liked a victim while on the ground. Furthermore when the ESPN host asked him about this incident a very noticeable smug-look came onto BM's face that I did not like at all (he did not act contrite whatsoever) and he didn't want to talk about why he ran (and leave his GF there to deal with the police).

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    He has a 3.77 GPA
    Off topic, but depending on the grading scale, a 3.7 is either a B+ or A- average. Good, but certainly not genius. Rosen is praised for his football intelligence, not academic intelligence. He only got a 27 on the Wonderlic.

I had a 3.7 in college and one semester I forgot I had an 8AM class for about 5 weeks.
    Last edited by Zaz; 05-01-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Off topic, but depending on the grading scale, a 3.7 is either a B+ or A- average. Good, but certainly not genius. Rosen is praised for his football intelligence, not academic intelligence. He only got a 27 on the Wonderlic.

I had a 3.7 in college and one semester I forgot I had an 8AM class for about 5 weeks. 3.7 is not impressive or hard to get.
    I took a class on exotic coffee's of the third world at 8Am. Aced it.

That organization is a joke. They are deflecting because a lot of the Browns fans are really mad about them not drafting Darnold or Rosen then on top of it didn't get Chubb nor Barkley.

The real thing that bothered the Brown's execs is that

he really didn't want to play for YOUR TEAM!

HE also didnt want to be in a parade like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHNbx1NRefA