Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cardinals heartbroken they didn't land Josh Allen

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFan1212 View Post
    Rosen < Allen
    so close

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Almost every elite QB in the NFL got better either sitting or playing in the NFL. There are very few elite NFL QB's who didn't develop their kraft over years. Most college QB's can't process the speed of the NFL and what they did in college good or bad doesn't change that one bit. The NFL has several HOF QB's who were benched more than once who got substantially better.
    They were already good. And some do indeed get better. but most guys like Skelton and the Sanchez's and Gabbert's of the world it doesnt matter what you teach them. They just dont have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    The real question for this one is, Did Skelton ever get the real chance to get better under Whizenhunt? The answer is no.

So your question is actually irrelevant. No one knows if Skelton could've become better because he was not given the chance or opportunity to get better. Thrown into the fire by a desperate HC and consequently burned and abused by the same HC's lack of preparation for that situation.

As for this story about being brokenhearted about not getting Allen, sure seems like Keim and Wilks (if they were at all) got over it Real Quick. Irrelevant now in any case.
    Hilarious. Skelton had ample time to show us he sucked real bad. I'm pretty sure you throwing darts at anyone at the time who would criticize whiz. And now that he's gone it was his fault Skelton sucked. WRONG like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Other teams took time with Skelton and in the end was cut by my MTL Alouettes. Laying all this on Whiz is a bit much. Skelton had a million dollar arm and a 10 cent coconut.
    Could not have said it better myself.

I don't believe it. But some Jimmy Olsen out there's gotta write something so.....

Default opinions

some athletes can improve, some cant...some can handle pro sports mentally, some cant. truth is no one knows yet about any of this years drafted qbs-no one. we will not know until they play and many factors will be involved-injuries, talent around qb, scheme, and the bounce of the ball.

there is luck involved in every draft; also weird stuff like Elway and eli stating they wouldn't play for colts/chargers. no one had any idea brady would be great-if belicek thought he would be great he would have drafted him earlier...if anyone had known how great montana was gonna be he would have been first pick in the draft.

I also think the media put their spin on rosens comments for whatever reason...the griffin kid more or less said that 31 teams made a mistake by not drafting him and was applauded by the media for saying so.

I have no idea where bleacher report are getting their information from. Every other report i have read suggests that denver had a deal in place with buffalo. Nothing about keim being heartbroken about missing on allen. Pretty sure ian rapport said the same thing about the broncos and bills having a deal in place, but they cancelled it when chubb fell to 5

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Other teams took time with Skelton and in the end was cut by my MTL Alouettes. Laying all this on Whiz is a bit much. Skelton had a million dollar arm and a 10 cent coconut.
    What is a 10 cent coconut?
    NFL: Cardinals & Packers. NCAA: Clemson. NBA: Need a Team. MLB: Yankees

If BA had stayed another year is there any doubt he would have wanted Allen over Rosen? Sometimes things just fall right...maybe this is one of those times

Quote Originally Posted by Guru03 View Post
    What is a 10 cent coconut?
    In short...a dummy
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!