Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When sould the Cards retire Larry Fitzgerald’s jersey number?

Default When sould the Cards retire Larry Fitzgerald’s jersey number?

I think we all agree that jersey #11 should be retired.. my question is. When should his # be retired? Is there any chance that his # can/should be retired prior to his actual retirement. Can we pay Larry the ultimate respect that he deserves, by retiring his # and putting him in the ring of honor now. If there has ever been a Cardinal that deserves this honor it’s Fitz.. he is such an awesome man, maybe this honor is possible. Has it ever been done before?

Yeah I disagree. I would rather see some art or a banner

I think we should retire his number the year after he retires.

That’s the way they have done it in the past. I guess I just hope there is something that the team can do that is special and in some way different. It would be cool to somehow include the fans in what ever they decide to do. Maybe the fans could be involved in purchasing pavers located around the stadium, thanking Larry and making donations to one of his charities.. I just think Larry deserves something special. Not sure what that should be.. he has been and continues to be someone very special and I’d would enjoy doing something that would make a difference. Thanks!

Default larry

how about this? if larry announces that this is his last year before season is over his number is retired minutes before his last home game and his ring of honor banner is raised at that time. that would get the crowd jumping.

Yeah something like that would be very cool!

Hate retired numbers in all sports.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Hate retired numbers in all sports.
    Not just me then... Tillman I can understand but I am not a fan of retiring numbers.

They should retire it the following year on Monday Night Football so the whole country gets to take a minute and appreciate the man

Retire the man and his record, not the name or the jersey #. The timing for the former and ROH things ... of course after LF officially notifies the team and the NFL.

He's not the only guy named Larry Fitzgerald. Fact.

Only 99 jersey numbers are available to the team. The team can't just stop using #11 forever.