Thread: Flight Plan 7 thoughts

Default Flight Plan 7 thoughts

Just watched the 7th Flight Plan episode...they are all really good but this one is excellent. Mini "All or Nothing" shows, really.

Some thoughts that I had watching this one:

1. MB is very very very very involved. Very. I understand it, I get it and it still makes me a little nervous. Growing up with the NFL in the 70s and 80s when owners signed checks and that's about it, I still find it a little jarring to see an owner in on team running decisions. I think MB has been great for the franchise, so I'm not really complaining, just noting the way sports and ownership have both changed dramatically in the last 15 or so years.

2. I had never laid eyes on CKirk prior to the draft and only know about him what was said in that buildup and selection. But, I welled up and got goosebumps during his segment on the episode. The reaction when he got to say, "I'm a Cardinal" was awesome and made me proud for him and his family. What a moment.

3. Barring injury, Rosen is going to be very good. Book it.

4. I would like to be in the room when SK and Wilks really disagree on something. Wilks is sure of himself, which is a great trait. I have a feeling he has just enough humility to listen if someone really challenges him with a strong case that goes against what he thinks, but you'd better be ready to battle when you challenge him, is my thinking.

5. The story about them being "heart broken" over Allen really doesn't appear accurate in light of the War Room's atmosphere around the Rosen trade. I would like to ask SK if he would have made the same deal had the Wings taken Rosen instead.

6. They apparently considered Edmonds in the 3rd round. I'm guessing they liken him to a Le'Veon Bell lite.

7. I really like SK's approach and handling of the media side of his job. He's serious without being cantankerous, he really believes in his team and that comes through in how he answers questions and he is excited to be the GM of the Cardinals in a way that doesn't come off as giddy, but does permeate his approach to things and gives him a bit of a "I understand how fortunate I am" vibe. He's not perfect, but he's really good, IMO and not just as the GM. He's a great rep for the team.
    Last edited by OJ Anderson; 05-02-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    If I didn't say it, it didn't need to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Just watched the 7th Flight Plan episode...they are all really good but this one is excellent. Mini "All or Nothing" shows, really.

Some thoughts that I had watching this one:

1. MB is very very very very involved. Very. I understand it, I get it and it still makes me a little nervous. Growing up with the NFL in the 70s and 80s when owners signed checks and that's about it, I still find it a little jarring to see an owner in on team running decisions. I think MB has been great for the franchise, so I'm not really complaining, just noting the way sports and ownership have both changed dramatically in the last 15 or so years.

2. I had never laid eyes on CKirk prior to the draft and only know about him what was said in that buildup and selection. But, I welled up and got goosebumps during his segment on the episode. The reaction when he got to say, "I'm a Cardinal" was awesome and made me proud for him and his family. What a moment.

3. Barring injury, Rosen is going to be very good. Book it.

4. I would like to be in the room when SK and Wilks really disagree on something. Wilks is sure of himself, which is a great trait. I have a feeling he has just enough humility to listen if someone really challenges him with a strong case that goes against what he thinks, but you'd better be ready to battle when you challenge him, is my thinking.

5. The story about them being "heart broken" over Allen really doesn't appear accurate in light of the War Room's atmosphere around the Rosen trade. I would like to ask SK if he would have made the same deal had the Wings taken Rosen instead.

6. They apparently considered Edmonds in the 3rd round. I'm guessing they liken him to a Le'Veon Bell lite.

7. I really like SK's approach and handling of the media side of his job. He's serious without being cantankerous, he really believes in his team and that comes through in how he answers questions and he is excited to be the GM of the Cardinals in a way that doesn't come off as giddy, but does permeate his approach to things and gives him a bit of a "I understand how fortunate I am" vibe. He's not perfect, but he's really good, IMO and not just as the GM. He's a great rep for the team.
    Rosen all the way...........Allen my rear,fan fiction
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Loved it. I'm pumped about our team after watching the vid.

You know I never watched the entire "All or Nothing"

For as much as I consume all things Cardinals I just found it boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    You know I never watched the entire "All or Nothing"

For as much as I consume all things Cardinals I just found it boring.
    Nor did..not sure why but i didn`t
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Nor did..not sure why but i didn`t
    lol...gotta admit, I didn't either. When you know you are being filmed, I don't think you are showing you're true self, so you got to take all that stuff with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying anyone was staging anything, but they were just trying to say and do what the fans want to hear.

On a side note, that's what is kind of refreshing about Josh Rosen speaking his mind.....maybe that's good,....maybe that's bad....who knows....

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    lol...gotta admit, I didn't either. When you know you are being filmed, I don't think you are showing you're true self, so you got to take all that stuff with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying anyone was staging anything, but they were just trying to say and do what the fans want to hear.
    certainly true to an extend. but apparantly no one except for the "higher ups" knew what was going on. there's cameras all around those guys all the time anyway.

also if there are permanently installed cams you notice them at first but over the course of season you surely don't think about them as anything special, or don't even "actively" notice them anymore.

of course the whole thing had to be cleared to air by the Cardinals but it's still awesome and I wouldn't go so far as to say it being scripted.

really enjoyed episode 1 through 7, absolutely worht a watch. never seen episode eight though, don't want to hear or see anything about that dreadful NFC Championship game in Carolina...
    Last edited by Switzerland; 05-03-2018 at 06:45 PM.