Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Forward After June 1st!

Shutting down the message board makes good sense when you are heading into a 4-12 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    Shutting down the message board makes good sense when you are heading into a 4-12 season.
    seems to be the sentiment every year, never should have opened one then

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Three things:

1. This board has 12 years of Archives. Are those being trashed? (How will anyone hold Zaz accountable?)

2. So there won't be ANY forum board at all? I'm sorry, but if the idea is to make comments on articles and stuff I have no desire to participate. Forums are a very clean and fan based way to engage in discussions. I'm on this board 365 (sadly I'm being literal). I guess I'll have to move to ASFN (sigh).

3. I've been on message boards like this since Vince Tobin was the HC. I have no idea why they would discard this, but I'm super bummed that they are. This has BY FAR been my favorite message board.
    10 JRosen 47 CWilliams 97 MCole 134 DSchultz 182 EBrown 254 CToliver

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Three things:

1. This board has 12 years of Archives. Are those being trashed? (How will anyone hold Zaz accountable?)

2. So there won't be ANY forum board at all? I'm sorry, but if the idea is to make comments on articles and stuff I have no desire to participate. Forums are a very clean and fan based way to engage in discussions. I'm on this board 365 (sadly I'm being literal). I guess I'll have to move to ASFN (sigh).

3. I've been on message boards like this since Vince Tobin was the HC. I have no idea why they would discard this, but I'm super bummed that they are. This has BY FAR been my favorite message board.
    If big brother controls the narrative he controls the fan mind. Comrade Raze; there will be no more discussion of tanking and other non state-sponsored topics.

Really dislike this and I think this is a strong disservice to the loyal fans who participate on these boards. This is a great place to discuss with other die hard fans the details of our team both internally (draft picks, scouting, player evaluations) and externally (schedule, division foes, other teams in the nfl). These are things commenting on an article just cant replace. I do not see the problem with creating a message board with the new site. Likely those on here who dont comment on the articles, are still not going to comment or discuss (like myself) even after the message board is taken down. I do not live in Arizona, often times I watch the games alone since its tough to find other cardinal fans where I live. I enjoy watching the games while watching the forums at the same time.

I'm surprised that a billion dollar franchise cant afford to have a simple message board for its fans. Beyond disappointed

Bums me out..i have been on every Cardinal Message board since the yahoo board in 2001 (i believe thats when the 1st one started) can`t believe they are yanking the rug out from under us...
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

@admins, how do you intend to move forwards? just letting this go and retreat to commenter secdtions below articles seems a terrible idea?

brought up Discord a couple of posts above. It is basically a modern version of message boards like this.
    it's free, gives functions for threads and subthreads, also vioce chat abd much more, ever heard of it?

would be fun to set up sth like this, don't have the reputation or respect to get people to sign up on my own but would be willing to help setting it up...

Oh well.....nice knowing you all here. It was fun and entertaining. But at this point, we're just polishing brass on the Titanic. Enjoy the 4-12 season.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I hope that another professional message board for Cards fans is hosted and managed by this summer. I will miss this old site a lot. I have made many friends and learned much from everyone.

I know that board hosting and management activities are costing more and taking more time than ever. There is no free chicken. And we are all busieer. I volunteer here. So do others.

I would pay a small subscription fee to participate in a professional board in the future. However, I absolute will not socialize on Facebook or other gossipy commercial site where members are exploited for profit. I don't need that.

You and I think a lot alike! My distant relatives want me to go on Facebook.

So, I can keep up with things. Hey I got a Better IDEA , pick up the Bleeping phone and ask how I am doing! Tell me how you are doing when you call.
    I'm not on Facebook

Twitter posters get blasted for everything that is unrelated to the topic. I did sign up and cancelled it years ago.

I have commented on You tube and thanked veterans families for their loved one's
    service. Usually, some troll comes along and makes fun of it.

I LOVE THIS MESSAGE BOARD AND OUR CARDINALS.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    All you have to do is look in the mirror every morning.

Gonna miss some of the posters on here, Good ppl. I don't do "social media" cause it's not too "social". Will still come to the Main site to get my Cardinal news fix. But so long MB.

JosEPh,

You are my 2ND FAVORITE HOMER ON HERE

I am my own favorite Homer! < selfish