Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Draft W-L season predictions!

Default Post Draft W-L season predictions!

Since apparently we only have a month left on the forums, might be our last chance for a hearty discussion on W-L ratio and why not do it while we are all on the koolaid status post the draft

1 Sep 9 1:25PMMST ) Redskins - W - I think the cardinals have a lot of momentum from the off-season carrying into the season to squash a red skins team that has more questions
    2 Sep 16 1:05PMMST ) AT Rams - L - If I'm being honest, I think the Rams sweep the division this year and have the potential to make a deep run
    3 Sep 23 1:25PMMST ) Bears - W - Would have loved to play the bears in chicago and get a home game later in the year, I just dont think the bears will be that good
    4 Sep 30 1:05PMMST ) Seahawks - W - I think we split with the hawks this year, one of these years Russel wilson will slow down and find that he has no offensive line to protect him
    5 Oct 7 1:25PMMST ) AT 49ers - W - They have Jimmy G and added Sherman which was interesting, but who else does this team have? Niners will be a force if they keep building, but I think not this year
    6 Oct 14 10:00AMMST ) AT Vikings - L - Vikings are posed to make a deep run, add on that it is an away game
    7 Oct 18 5:20PMMST ) , Broncos - W - I have a bad feeling about this game, but I will give the cards the benefit since they are at home
    8 Oct 28 1:25PMMST ) 49ers -W - as above
    9 BYE (6-2)
    10 Nov 11 11:00AMMST ) AT Chiefs - L - I do not really know what to expect from this team with mahomes, KC is always a tough stadium to play in
    11 Nov 18 2:05PMMST * Raiders - W - cards bounce back with a strong win against a raiders that start falling
    12 Nov 25 2:05PMMST ) AT Chargers - L - Chargers are all around the better team on paper
    13 Dec 2 11:00AMMST ) AT Packers -L - Until we have a legit answer on our #2 CB, Rodgers has the capability to torch us all day, not to mention the cards dont fly in cold weather
    14 Dec 9 2:25PMMST ) Lions - W - This will be a tough game, and a crucial one if the cards have any playoff hopes
    15 Dec 16 11:00AMMST ) AT Falcons - L - I think the odds will be pretty steep, I thought the falcons would beat the eagles last year
    16 Dec 23 2:05PMMST ) Rams - L -as above
    17 Dec 30 2:25PMMST ) AT Seahawks - L - brutal place to end the season, both of these games will be 50/50 in my eyes. Playoff hunt, injuries could play a huge role in this game.

My prediction: 8-8. This is probably the most uncertain I have been about a cardinals schedule, and that is really because I do not think myself or anyone really knows what to expect out of this team. We have a new coach (who is revamping the defense), new QB(s), and a handful of key players returning from injury. Ultimately I wouldnt be that dissatisfied with an 8-8 season since we are rebuilding. I really do not believe this season will end in a super bowl, but it will give us some great insight as to the team we are going to have (good or bad) for the next 5 years.

4-12 is where my money is at..anyone buying more is living on hope and dreams...NFL is reality and the Cards don’t stand a chance with the horses in the stable.

Redskins 50-50
    Rams loss- and slaughtered
    Bears - win
    Seattle - win
    9ers - loss
    Vikings - killed
    Broncos - loss
    9ers - loss
    Chiefs - killed
    Raiders - loss
    Packers - loss
    Lions - loss
    Falcons - loss
    Rams - loss
    Seattle - win

The Rams are gonna smoke this division with one hand tied behind their backs. They got the best offense in the league...their coach is 5 steps ahead of everyone....their d was amazing and they just added 2 all pro CB’s and Suh to their defense...and we got Chandler Jones (awesome) and Peterson....the rest are ...ho hum

I’ll pray for more but I wouldn’t put a dime on it
    Last edited by Cardinals; 05-04-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    8-8 is the best theyll get...unless injuries hit LA big time.

The Rams are gonna smoke this division with one hand tied behind their backs.
    We`ll see...remember when the Cards were SB favorites?...Atlanta kinda exposed the rams IMO...we`ll see
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Im going with 7-9 and with the prediction that Rosen is starting by week 9 gaining valuable experience as he prepares to be the starter in 2019. (IMO they should start him game 1 and allow him to develop as we all believe Super Bowl aspirations are not within reach this year. I would much prefer Rosen to have a full year of experience under his belt going into next season as we continue to fill holes on this roster.)

Which side note, why does the NFC have to be so good? If Cardinals were in any division in the AFC Id predict 9-7 and a playoff berth. Have you ever stopped to consider the top qbs in the NFC:

Cam Newton
    Matt Ryan
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers
    Kirk Cousins
    Matthew Stafford
    Russell Wilson
    Jared Goff
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Dak Prescott
    Alex Smith
    Carson Wentz
    Nick Foles

Meanwhile the top qbs in the AFC are:

Tom Brady
    Philip Rivers
    Deshaun Watson

The NFC is loaded :( The Cardinals have a long way to go before we are in the upper eschelon but Im excited about the new coaching staff and potential franchise qb

Quote Originally Posted by Jjoe View Post
    I’m going with 7-9 and with the prediction that Rosen is starting by week 9 gaining valuable experience as he prepares to be the starter in 2019. (IMO they should start him game 1 and allow him to develop as we all believe Super Bowl aspirations are not within reach this year. I would much prefer Rosen to have a full year of experience under his belt going into next season as we continue to fill holes on this roster.)

Which side note, why does the NFC have to be so good? If Cardinals were in any division in the AFC I’d predict 9-7 and a playoff berth. Have you ever stopped to consider the top qb’s in the NFC:

Cam Newton
    Matt Ryan
    Drew Brees
    Aaron Rodgers
    Kirk Cousins
    Matthew Stafford
    Russell Wilson
    Jared Goff
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Dak Prescott
    Alex Smith
    Carson Wentz
    Nick Foles

Meanwhile the top qb’s in the AFC are:

Tom Brady
    Philip Rivers
    Deshaun Watson

The NFC is loaded :( The Cardinals have a long way to go before we are in the upper eschelon but I’m excited about the new coaching staff and potential franchise qb
    NFC is loaded. In the past 15 years the AFC was won by the Steelers, Patriots, or a Peyton Manning lead team. (Fine, and the one crazy run Flacco had with the Ravens).

In the NFC we've had the Panthers x2 , Eagles x2, Seahawks x3 , Bears, Giants x2, Cardinals, Saints, Packers, Niners & Falcons.

It seems like it's a crapshoot every year. I can't think of a clear favorite. Honestly, I like it that way. Give me parity over having to watch Tom Brady or Big Ben beat my team down year after year after year after year.

With that said - I predict we win 5-8 games this year depending on Bradford's health. Though the lower win amount would mean Rosen gains experience and hopefully gives us a positive outlook for the next 10 years even with a low win total this year.
    Last edited by WakeForestCard; 05-04-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Best I can see this team going is 9 and 7. That's if everything comes together with the new coach and new scheme. Were going to a 4-3 defense. We might need a year of drafting player that actually fit a 4-3. I'm not sold on Buck as the WILL LB. Especially if the D line doesn't keep the O line off of him. He is just to small to take on guards and win most of the time. Then on the offensive side there are question marks all over the place all except at RB. Other than Fitz who else can we count on at the WR spot ? Same with the O line.

I can see this team going anywhere from 9 and 7 to 5 and 11. I don't see the playoffs this year. Maybe after another year under Wilks. The NFC west is just to strong. Along with the whole NFC.

This thread definitely needs to find its way to the new forum
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

The unthinkable happens where Rosen ends up the starter by actually winning the job. A team's quarterback goes down. Sam Bradford gets traded and Rosen goes in week 1 as starter. Wilks coaching technique pays off as the defense becomes ranked number 1 in the NFL. Tj Logan and Kirk become the best return men in the league on special teams. David Johnson ends up putting up LT, Faulk type numbers while Rosen tops Barkley for rookie of the year honors after an amazing 30 touchdowns. The Rams pick up where they left off after the Atlanta game with a disappointing 9-7 season despite the dream team. Suh stomps a player and gets suspended indefinitely. Cooper Kupp leads the league in dropped TD passes. 49ers improve to 8-8 but defensively are like a sieve. Seattle struggles to get to .500

Cards surprise going 10-6 and get the last laugh at Vegas who grouped them with with the Browns at 5 and a half over under wins and the ESPN staff that said they wouldn't win a game in 2018.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Absolutely, RRC! Along with a bunch of others.

Default done

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    just started thread on new board