Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trip down memory lane - Forum Edition

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Long time no see to a lot in this thread. Good to see you.

I have been on these boards since before the new one in 2006 was made.

Looking back I cant help but laugh at the arguments with people who thought Max Hall and John Skelton were our QBs of the future and the system works

Dont post as much as I once did but still read it often
    You I remember.. good to see ya man!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Llama View Post
    You I remember.. good to see ya man!

You too man. Happy to see you back for the final countdown. Hope all is well.
    Last edited by Kaojin; 05-12-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Long time no see to a lot in this thread. Good to see you.

I have been on these boards since before the new one in 2006 was made.

Looking back I cant help but laugh at the arguments with people who thought Max Hall and John Skelton were our QBs of the future and the system works

Dont post as much as I once did but still read it often
    Hope to see you on the new board Kaojin.

Thesmel- he was awesome

I've been on all the boards and he was classic. As I recall the board got ugly on him and he called it quits. He was a multiple daily poster....if I didn't know better I would have thought the board was his life. He was also a Rams fan as I recall.

My favorite memory of the board was when I posted I was getting season tickets....and the day came to get my tickets and I drove from California (as I still do). I got there with my dad and brother. We checked in and Lisa Manning (head honcho over there) came out and said, "Hi, my name is Lisa Manning and I've been specially designated for your account. How was your drive from California?' She then went on to ask about things I'd posted on the message board....she made me feel like I was a big deal...she even told my dad and brother, "O ya, we know who he is." My brother and dad were shocked....and I was grinning from ear to ear. She was super kind and handed us some keychains on the way out.

I always appreciated that no matter how bad the team got and the bashing on the board they allowed it to continue. That can't be easy for the team management ....but it was a good venting process for the fans to still come together.

I found special that fans could come there and talk about family births, personal problems or deaths that had happened and how the board would rally in support....never a negative word was said or joke ....always kindness....always

Funny how 99% of the posters on this site were posting the same things on ASFN.....and many still post here and there...

as one mentioned how PFT turned from a 'Arrest count' , 'rumors' to a major legit multi million dollar website...and all Florio was doing was following every NFL players twitter account....that's all he did and he'd post what they'd said with his own opinion into an article....and it hasn't changed much on how they get their news. At one time they joked how the game of the NFL was becoming to weak....now they post weekly about concussions and safety issues for the leagues.....goes to show how money DOES change ya. ....but for millions and millions of dollars....I can't blame Mike.

...good luck to all....it's been fun here
    Last edited by Cardinals; 05-15-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Owner

I started posting here in 2008, a year that we all remember fondly. I'd been posting at Fox for several years prior, the place was like the wild west though. No mods, cursing galore, no holds barred, it could be a nuthouse at times. Coming here after that was about like leaving a drunken brawl to go to a croquet club to sip champagne while wearing a tux.

A friend of mine from the Fox days was a Broncos fan and happened to go to Vegas in 2008 prior to the NFL season starting. He bought a lot of his friends a $20. wager on their favorite team winning the SB. Little did I realize I would come ->l l<- THAT close to winning a couple grand. I HATE the officiating of that game to this day.

I remember most of the posters people have mentioned, CardDan, Thesmel, The Hammer, Darth, and many others. I have graduated over to the new site and hope to enjoy many conversations over there, and have enjoyed the 10 years of posting here very much. Adios amigos....see you at the new site.

P.S. Conspicuous in their absence at the new site are Raze and WVCardFan? I have trouble wrapping my head around that one.....

P.S. Conspicuous in their absence at the new site are Raze and WVCardFan? I have trouble wrapping my head around that one.....
    I have sent a PM to WVCardfan several days ago. No response. I have not sent one to Raze as I was sure many others would think to do that.

I joined in 2013 when BA came to be the new HC. I tried to join the preceeding 2 years but my Yahoo em addy was not being accepted. Finally in 2013 it was.

I hope PalmerCardinal makes the transition over to the new board as well. We shared many PM's that were truly insightful and a pleasure to receive.

@Raze,
    Hope you check in before this closes down and see that you are wanted on the new Board. Same goes for you WVCardFan!

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    I have sent a PM to WVCardfan several days ago. No response. I have not sent one to Raze as I was sure many others would think to do that.

I joined in 2013 when BA came to be the new HC. I tried to join the preceeding 2 years but my Yahoo em addy was not being accepted. Finally in 2013 it was.

I hope PalmerCardinal makes the transition over to the new board as well. We shared many PM's that were truly insightful and a pleasure to receive.

@Raze,
    Hope you check in before this closes down and see that you are wanted on the new Board. Same goes for you WVCardFan!
    I will be sending out a mass email to everyone on this board from my control panel so everyone will be getting it in the next day or two as super busy planning a trip to Los Angeles for a superstar Musician that I just happen to be related to!
    Just got to find the time to do it.

And YES that email will provide guidance to the new forum provided by the fans.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

The person I miss the most is NJCardsfan, his weekly best/worst player post was always a good discussion starter. He was always up for a heated discussion which got him booted more than once. I don't miss Fiasco, the rule ****, I am sure he racked up the most suspensions of all of the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Llama View Post
    Hey Guys!

I'm actually kinda surprised people remember me.. but thanks for that!

All is well, I just kinda took a step back from how seriously I took the game of Football. It's great to have passion in life, but for me.. it was getting a little out of control. I was getting to the point where Cardinal losses ruined my day or in some cases.. strings of days. I would go to games and find myself just wanted to punch opposing fans, and that's just not me. I took a period where I let things go and now I am back to enjoying the game on a more sane and rational level. I always intended to return to the forums, I just never did.

There were/are so many great posters here that I really don't want to try to make a list for fear of forgetting someone, but obviously Drachir, Rimrock, Booman, MattTodd, MadJack, Cats.. man.. just so many.

I understand they are closing this forum, what's the news on a new forum? Is there another 'official' forum coming? or is it just someone doing it on their own?

Seriously, thanks guys for remembering me.. you guys are too kind. I am still here, and while I have scaled back, I can assure you that I still bleed red every single game!

Go Cardinals!!

[Edit] Nevermind, I see the thread on the new forum. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing!
    Funny.. once you stopped coming on here I pretty much did as well. Too much fighting on here to enjoy.. for me anyway. I just got the news they were shutting this place down from my dad who also has posted on here on and off the passed 12ish years...

As for Thesmel.. Never forget his WR ratings.. and how Bryant Johnson was the true star with measureables WELL beyond Fitz and Q.... if only hed open his eyes when catching the ball...

Anyway though I dont know most the people on here anymore it was a fun place to chat for a long time. Even when the Matty BOI Fan Club were on thee loose.. and the massive Hightower vs Edge debates were at their climax...
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    Thesmel- he was awesome

I've been on all the boards and he was classic. As I recall the board got ugly on him and he called it quits. He was a multiple daily poster....if I didn't know better I would have thought the board was his life. He was also a Rams fan as I recall.
    He didn't quit he got banned. He post on ASFN from time to time I have talked to him over there. If asked to come to the new board I bet he would.