Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip down memory lane - Forum Edition

Default Trip down memory lane - Forum Edition

Have to say that i am really bummed about this board going away. I was a member of the old board before we moved to this new version, want to say that was about 7-8 years ago. Cannot remember. During that transition it felt like we lost some great contributing members. With that said, I wanted to list my 3 things that this board has reminded me of or contributed to in my time here:

1. Carddan and the people - He used to be on the Forum and he was always a Dad like figure. He always kept things above the name calling etc. He is #1 on my list since I ended up bumping into him tailgating one game and come to find out he was only 10 rows ahead of me. We ended up becoming good friends and text about games to this day. He doesnt come to the board anymore since he had an "incident" at the stadium being forcefully removed for no good reason other than being a fanatic. It hit him hard and he only watches from home now. But man did Carddan have the best facepaint. I will try to find an old pic somewhere and post it. I live in LA and had season tickets and Carddan even offered his house up to the wife and I one time when we went up for a game. That is the best part of the board, kid, drachir, zaz, etc all you guys contributing and getting to know you guys without ever meeting you.

2. Profootballtalk - It is crazy to think about this board and the evolution of PFT. Back in the day they were all rumors and always saying we were trading Fitz to MInn. Almost once a week a new board member would come on and post a PFT link and say: "WE ARE TRADING FITZ, WHY!!!" and all of us would have to explain how PFT was fake news before that was a term. Well low and behold, Florio parlayed that into a bonafide go to source for all things football. To now see him on TV is crazy. And to this day when I see him on NBC I still think about this board and how much we had to fight the fake rumors coming from his site.

3. ????? - Man for the life of my I cannot remember the posters name, you guys have to help me with this one. There was a poster that was EPIC on this baord, he was SO WRONG on everything. He started during the Denny Green days and went through the Whiz days. He was so wrong, but fought his point so hard. For about a 3 year period it was just comedy gold. You guys out there have to remember his name, can wait to read it because it is going to make me laugh all over again.

BONUS ROUND

I called it - Back in the beginning of 2008 I started a thread poll asking who would take us to the promise land aka SB - Warner or Leinart. Well this board was laughing so hard at me and saying neither, we stink and no one will get us there. I was steadfast that I thought it was our year. CALLED IT

Eat my crow - On that same poll I picked Leinart and thought he was going to be GREAT, boy was I wrong. Same thread, called it and ate crow.

So lets here it from you guys, top 3 memories and bonus round called it and eat some crow.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

I've only been on this board about 4 years now, but been a Cards fan since they were in Chicago. Some of my earliest memories were of John David Crow Larry Wilson Jackie Smith Dierdoff and Dobler. Don Corriel and his air raid offense. Times sure have changed. Hopefully for once we have our QBOF. Really haven't had one of those since Lomax. Hopefully we actually have a good coach. One who isn't so stubborn and mule headed like our last two.

Looking forward to the new board and the new coaches. Maybe we finally get to win the super bowl with this new group. Would like to see that before I kick the bucket, and at 70 don't know how much more time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I've only been on this board about 4 years now, but been a Cards fan since they were in Chicago. Some of my earliest memories were of John David Crow Larry Wilson Jackie Smith Dierdoff and Dobler. Don Corriel and his air raid offense. Times sure have changed. Hopefully for once we have our QBOF. Really haven't had one of those since Lomax. Hopefully we actually have a good coach. One who isn't so stubborn and mule headed like our last two.

Looking forward to the new board and the new coaches. Maybe we finally get to win the super bowl with this new group. Would like to see that before I kick the bucket, and at 70 don't know how much more time I have.
    I remember all those guys, particularly Larry Wilson. As far I know, the only guy to intercept a ball with 2 broken hands. As far as I'm concerned, the greatest Cardinal ever.

And yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I hope I get the chance to see it before its too late....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    Have to say that i am really bummed about this board going away. I was a member of the old board before we moved to this new version, want to say that was about 7-8 years ago. Cannot remember. During that transition it felt like we lost some great contributing members. With that said, I wanted to list my 3 things that this board has reminded me of or contributed to in my time here:

1. Carddan and the people - He used to be on the Forum and he was always a Dad like figure. He always kept things above the name calling etc. He is #1 on my list since I ended up bumping into him tailgating one game and come to find out he was only 10 rows ahead of me. We ended up becoming good friends and text about games to this day. He doesnt come to the board anymore since he had an "incident" at the stadium being forcefully removed for no good reason other than being a fanatic. It hit him hard and he only watches from home now. But man did Carddan have the best facepaint. I will try to find an old pic somewhere and post it. I live in LA and had season tickets and Carddan even offered his house up to the wife and I one time when we went up for a game. That is the best part of the board, kid, drachir, zaz, etc all you guys contributing and getting to know you guys without ever meeting you.

2. Profootballtalk - It is crazy to think about this board and the evolution of PFT. Back in the day they were all rumors and always saying we were trading Fitz to MInn. Almost once a week a new board member would come on and post a PFT link and say: "WE ARE TRADING FITZ, WHY!!!" and all of us would have to explain how PFT was fake news before that was a term. Well low and behold, Florio parlayed that into a bonafide go to source for all things football. To now see him on TV is crazy. And to this day when I see him on NBC I still think about this board and how much we had to fight the fake rumors coming from his site.

3. ????? - Man for the life of my I cannot remember the posters name, you guys have to help me with this one. There was a poster that was EPIC on this baord, he was SO WRONG on everything. He started during the Denny Green days and went through the Whiz days. He was so wrong, but fought his point so hard. For about a 3 year period it was just comedy gold. You guys out there have to remember his name, can wait to read it because it is going to make me laugh all over again.

BONUS ROUND

I called it - Back in the beginning of 2008 I started a thread poll asking who would take us to the promise land aka SB - Warner or Leinart. Well this board was laughing so hard at me and saying neither, we stink and no one will get us there. I was steadfast that I thought it was our year. CALLED IT

Eat my crow - On that same poll I picked Leinart and thought he was going to be GREAT, boy was I wrong. Same thread, called it and ate crow.

So lets here it from you guys, top 3 memories and bonus round called it and eat some crow.
    The Smel ?
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

BONUS ROUND

Whatever happened to DarthLama?

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    The Smel ?
    Thesmel!!!! Thats it!!! Guy was classic, so funny but a great fan. Thanks. RimrockCard
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattTodd89 View Post
    Whatever happened to DarthLama?
    i don`t know...he became a mod ..seem fine and his last posts where not in anger,,,then suddenly Gone,i always hoped nothing happened to him..he was good people

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    i don`t know...he became a mod ..seem fine and his last posts where not in anger,,,then suddenly Gone,i always hoped nothing happened to him..he was good people
    Yeah, I certainly hope hes ok as well. He was always a good contributor to the board and Ive noticed hes been absent for quite a while, figured now was a good time to see if anyone knew what ever happened with him.

Thesmel!!!! Thats it!!! Guy was classic, so funny but a great fan. Thanks. RimrockCard
    Haha Thesmel! He was a legend.

11-23-2015, 01:54 AM
    Thread: The Cards are going to have four straight home games in Prime Time

by Darth Llama

Replies41Views3,972

The thing that makes this year feel different is...

The thing that makes this year feel different is the fact that we're getting it done when we're on the 'big stage.'

So far we have had 3 'Prime Time' Games (one Monday and two Sunday Night) and...

This was Darths last post...it gives no clue to why he disappeared