Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip down memory lane - Forum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by MattTodd89 View Post
    Haha Thesmel! He was a legend.
    I think he might be no the ASF board?
    He and i have a common friend in the real world..lol..he`s not near the nut he played on the board
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    11-23-2015, 01:54 AM
    Thread: The Cards are going to have four straight home games in Prime Time

by Darth Llama

Replies41Views3,972

The thing that makes this year feel different is...

The thing that makes this year feel different is the fact that we're getting it done when we're on the 'big stage.'

So far we have had 3 'Prime Time' Games (one Monday and two Sunday Night) and...

This was Darths last post...it gives no clue to why he disappeared
    Yeah I use to talk with DarthLlama all the time. He just up and disappeared although I do know he was talking about becoming extremely busy. Not sure what happened to him but it was strange. Thesmel was another character.

There was one poster that use to really get under everyone's skin talking about going to Rolph's to get a haircut or something. He was a regular nut.

Then there was JAB who caused a bunch of headaches for me as a Admin as he would post great things for about a week and then all of a sudden he would break every rule on here and I would have to ban him only for him to e-mail me he created another account and wanted a second, third, fifty billionth chance. *lol*

Then there was 17HartOfTheTeam who was a known Rams fan and would give us great insight and posts than all of a sudden he would pull a similar JAB and get banned.

Anyone remember ArizonaElvis and Gee? The would post about PWI and it was hilarious.

Those were the times.

If anyone really wants to travel back in time on this board even though it is gone there is always waybackmachine.org which has archives of every website known to man. The Cardinals message board goes back to 2006. Check it out.
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

Hey Guys!

I'm actually kinda surprised people remember me.. but thanks for that!

All is well, I just kinda took a step back from how seriously I took the game of Football. It's great to have passion in life, but for me.. it was getting a little out of control. I was getting to the point where Cardinal losses ruined my day or in some cases.. strings of days. I would go to games and find myself just wanted to punch opposing fans, and that's just not me. I took a period where I let things go and now I am back to enjoying the game on a more sane and rational level. I always intended to return to the forums, I just never did.

There were/are so many great posters here that I really don't want to try to make a list for fear of forgetting someone, but obviously Drachir, Rimrock, Booman, MattTodd, MadJack, Cats.. man.. just so many.

I understand they are closing this forum, what's the news on a new forum? Is there another 'official' forum coming? or is it just someone doing it on their own?

Seriously, thanks guys for remembering me.. you guys are too kind. I am still here, and while I have scaled back, I can assure you that I still bleed red every single game!

Go Cardinals!!

[Edit] Nevermind, I see the thread on the new forum. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing!
    Last edited by Darth Llama; 05-07-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Llama View Post
    Hey Guys!

All is well, I just kinda took a step back from how seriously I took the game of Football. It's great to have passion in life, but for me.. it was getting a little out of control. I was getting to the point where Cardinal losses ruined my day or in some cases.. strings of days. I would go to games and find myself just wanted to punch opposing fans, and that's just not me. I took a period where I let things go and now I am back to enjoying the game on a more sane and rational level. I always intended to return to the forums, I just never did.

There were/are so many great posters here that I really don't want to try to make a list for fear of forgetting someone, but obviously Drachir, Rimrock, Booman, MattTodd, MadJack, Cats.. man.. just so many.

I understand they are closing this forum, what's the news on a new forum? Is there another 'official' forum coming? or is it just someone doing it on their own?

Seriously, thanks guys for remembering me.. you guys are too kind. I am still here, and while I have scaled back, I can assure you that I still bleed red every single game!

Go Cardinals!!

[Edit] Nevermind, I see the thread on the new forum. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing!
    DL,

A new HC and coaching staff. Three new QBs. A fantastic draft. It's time for winning again. When you are ready to dip your toe into the Cardinals Football action again, here is the link to the new Forum site, a site for Cardinals Football fans that is entirely managed by the fans. Oldtimers and new members are signing up daily. The site is similar in look and feel with newer s/w tools available and fewer constraints overall. I look forward to your participation soon.

http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    DL,

A new HC and coaching staff. Three new QBs. A fantastic draft. It's time for winning again. When you are ready to dip your toe into the Cardinals Football action again, here is the link to the new Forum site, a site for Cardinals Football fans that is entirely managed by the fans. Oldtimers and new members are signing up daily. The site is similar in look and feel with newer s/w tools available and fewer constraints overall. I look forward to your participation soon.

http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/
    Oh, I assure you.. I never stopped following the team or rooting for them, I just backed off my enthusiasm a bit and learned not to take things so seriously. I am very excited about Rosen and they have made some moves on the Offensive line that I am highly in favor of. Still have concerns of course, but they seem to be building a solid team and there is plenty of room for optimism.

I signed up on the new forum, seen a lot of familiar faces already.. thanks for the information.
    Last edited by Darth Llama; 05-08-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Default old forum

I was regular poster for years starting in 2000 under name down two then left. I remember heated discussions about plummer. it was a shame that cards never put much talent on the field to help him. also much discussion about leonard davis-what a wasted use of a player-I insisted he was a guard and not a tackle and for once was right when green put him at lt and I predicted he would become allpro guard for cowboys. looking forward to the growth of the new board.

just a thought: despite the bruised feelings here occasionally remember except for trolls we are all rabid card fans and only want the team to win.

I really enjoy the msg board as -though it seems impossible-I don't know a SINGLE person in my area who watches football-its my only avenue to talk card football. I live in the Missouri bootheel which is cardinal baseball territory and many people here don't know there was a card football team in st Louis...lol.

Hey Guys!

Go Cardinals!!

I wish the Cardinals would be willing to do a 301 redirect of this sub domain to a new forum. Im not trying toot my own horn, Im just saying I have the ability to maintain a server with a forum for Cardinals fans. Heck even create a website to tie it all in.

I have had well over 10 years experience as a senior developer. I also have been a network administrator, system administrator with a lot of experience setting up web servers and maintaining them either via Linux with Apache or Windows with IIS, or actually I prefer Apache on Windows as well. I also have knowledge with SEO (I used to work for one of the largest SEO companies in the US. They even put me in charge in setting up their collector servers) using tools like Google/Bing Webmaster, Google Analytics etc. Right now I have my own dedicated server via Liquid Web, though I use WHM/CPanel which makes it very easy for anyone to administer a web server. For web development my main language is PHP and using a MySQL database backend, though I have worked with others like Postgres. Front end I used Bootstrap and JQuery. Anyway kind of going overboard here, the bottom line is I have experience in this relm.

But I highly doubt Cardinals organization will do such a thing, a lot of trust would have to be given allowing someone use of their image.

Hey Guys!

Go Cardinals!!

A spell over here in the UK might help get over the wanting to punch other fans thing.
    There are plenty of teams where a large percentage of their fans, like to do that, every match day. :-)

After 20 odd years of following the England football team abroad, I got over that too.

Good to see you are OK. I was beginning to worry after reading the earlier posts.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    I wish the Cardinals would be willing to do a 301 redirect of this sub domain to a new forum. Im not trying toot my own horn, Im just saying I have the ability to maintain a server with a forum for Cardinals fans. Heck even create a website to tie it all in.

I have had well over 10 years experience as a senior developer. I also have been a network administrator, system administrator with a lot of experience setting up web servers and maintaining them either via Linux with Apache or Windows with IIS, or actually I prefer Apache on Windows as well. I also have knowledge with SEO (I used to work for one of the largest SEO companies in the US. They even put me in charge in setting up their collector servers) using tools like Google/Bing Webmaster, Google Analytics etc. Right now I have my own dedicated server via Liquid Web, though I use WHM/CPanel which makes it very easy for anyone to administer a web server. For web development my main language is PHP and using a MySQL database backend, though I have worked with others like Postgres. Front end I used Bootstrap and JQuery. Anyway kind of going overboard here, the bottom line is I have experience in this relm.

But I highly doubt Cardinals organization will do such a thing, a lot of trust would have to be given allowing someone use of their image.
    Sillysoft,

Been working on it behind the scenes have an answer later this week if not early part of next week.

Darth good to see you my man.

Lots of good people over the years!
    "Let's Shock The World" - Kurt Warner Jan 10, 2009 after defeating Carolina Panthers 33-13

Hey Guys!

Go Cardinals!!

Great to hear from you Darth and I'm glad all is well!. You've always been one of, if not the most respected posters on the board and I know I've always appreciated your insight so it seemed appropriate to bring your name up in the "Forum Memory Lane" thread.

I can definitely relate with the need to scale back a bit. I looked forward to Sunday afternoons all week but then when game time finally arrives I usually end up so aggravated that I can actually feel the heat radiating off my body. But that aside, thanks for popping back in, really great to hear from you!

Go Cardinals!